This smoothie is ready in just 5 minutes using only one blender and only six ingredients.
Guess what? It tastes like pumpkin pie! It’s like pumpkin pie but without the crust or coconut whipped cream. But still…
Ingredients are so simple that you probably have them all in your pantry. The pumpkin puree is blended with spinach, a frozen banana, almond and coconut milk, pumpkin spice, and ripe firm bananas.
You can choose to add a green powder or a protein powder.
As I just published a Vegan Protein Powder Review, I recommend two of my favorite powders for this smoothie. Protein is optional. It makes it more like a meal, not a snack.
- Small frozen banana
- 1/4 cup pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mixture)
- One large handful of organic spinach*
- 3/4 cup milk (we prefer unsweetened plain almond or coconut milk).
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice*
- 2 Tbsp plain vanilla protein powder or Tropeaka Vanilla Protein (we prefer Nuzest Vanilla protein).
- Blend all ingredients in a mixer until smooth and creamy, scraping sides as necessary. If the mixture is too thick, you can add more dairy-free liquid.
- Add more pumpkin pie spice to taste. For more pumpkin flavor, add more pumpkin pie spice. Add more banana or vanilla protein powder (or maple syrup, agave, or stevia) to increase sweetness.
- Serve immediately. Serve immediately.